Handicapping the '73-'74 Season

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2013
      According to one handicapper, the number one success for the '73-'74 TV
      season will be Kojack (that is how they spelled it.)

      He says the second and third strongest shows will be Lotsa Luck and The
      Girl With Something Extra.

    • Rick Cortez
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2013
        And "Chase" and "The Magician" too!

        Rick

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30, 2013
          I fondly remember 'Kojak'; it was shot in NYC where I grew up, and while I never got to meet any of the cast my father did quite often as they came into the restaurant where he tended bar for their lunch and occasional supper breaks.

          I also remember 'The Girl with Something Extra' - somewhat. I remember the premise - a wife who would read her husband's mind regularly, and on occasion someone else's. I remember a few of the episode's stories, but I can't remember the main cast, although the actor John Davidson's name does spring to mind. I can't remember who played his wife, but what lingering bits do stick with me make me thing it may have been Sally Field.

          'Lotsa Luck'? Got me on that one: no memory of it at all.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30, 2013
            Ah! Now those two I do remember with great fondness. My friends and I would get together the day after and try to work on some of the magic tricks we'd see The Magician do (within reason, of course; we never locked one of us in a safe and dropped him into a swimming pool, or chained one of us to the bottom of a huge fish tank, but we loved flinging playing cards to see if we could get them to stick into anything). Just fun stuff like that.

            We would also make up scenarios to act out as part of the Chase team. Fun days.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2013
              Chase was one of my favorites. Car chases galore. That was the prototype for the A-Team and a lot of the 80's action shows by Stephen J. Cannell. I liked the Magician's Corvette, but it was not as cool as Grover's.

              Chris

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31, 2013

                To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 31, 2013
                  John Davidson and Sally Field...correct. I remember the first episode is
                  when they meet.

                  Lotsa Luck starred Dom Deluise. It is out on DVD.