sound objectivity

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2013
      Hello
      John

      I think what I was pointing out that the
      hardware looking at the information on a recorded DVD could differentiate which
      speaker the sound recorded goes to. It might be possible to test if you have a
      surround or auxiliary sound system where you can adjust the volume of each
      speaker but not out of the the TV speakers.

      Sound quality is still dependent on the
      listener and with stereo, you still have to sit between both speakers to get
      the best effect, especially in the old days. A lot of the time I sit to one
      side of the TV and even facing it straight on, can�t tell the difference of its
      stereo effectiveness. Then again, there are other factors involved in how much
      the sound bumps off the walls and windows.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2013
        I was only speaking about the production process in my encoding...just
        making sure the information on the original got properly transferred to the
        new file.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 24, 2013
          Hello
          John

          I�m surprised no one else entered into this
          conversation or was I getting too technical again?? Sorry. I really ought to
          write an editorial on SFC that there is no such thing as perfection, shouldn�t
          I?? If anything, the more I learn the more inaccurate sensory perception
          becomes.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24, 2013
            I suspect it is a limited interest topic.