8893Re: [probe_control] Re: Update from Warner Archives

    May 6, 2012
      Considering how obscure some of the old movie titles they are releasing, I
      have wondered if they are using Archive sales to fund a 21st century
      mastering of their entire library...at least bringing some things up to the
      video era...if not necessarily to 1080 levels.

      The use of the term "HD" can be subjective. Fox was disgraceful in their
      Lost In Space release...using late 80's video transfers (two episodes were
      missing footage), but they redeemed themselves by releasing the three other
      Irwin Allen series using transfers from inter-positives. Voyage, Tunnel
      and Giants are all HD compared to Space, but they are not Blu-Ray 1080.

      Courtship of Eddie's Father is marked as "remastered." My guess is that by
      the time the studios were mastering their libraries to tape in the late
      80's, Courtship had run it's syndication life, and was never touched.
      Therefore, they had to go to the inter-positives, which is more expensive.
      It is very unlikely that Search saw any 80's mastering, so they may have to
      go to the more pure sources to make transfers.

      Fingers crossed that any of my thinking is correct, and that we shall see
      some amazing film quality.