      From: probe_control@yahoogroups.com [mailto:probe_control@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of martin allen
      Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2012 7:25 PM
      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [probe_control] Re: Update from Warner Archives

      I dislike being the proverbial wet blanket, but aren't we jumping the gun a bit anticipating Blu-Ray on 'Search' when we'll be lucky to even get DVD-R? Let's not forget there's a reason those episodes sat on the shelf or a rack in a warehouse for decades. Remember, they were coded For Export Only. For whatever reason, (my paranoid guess would be that they were just out to screw Leslie Stevens), they didn't want this thing shown Stateside ever again. It's only now that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel that the suits are considering releasing the show at all--and that on the on-demand system. I don't mean to sound cruel and nasty, but someone has to say it. Go ahead and hate all over me if you must, I'm used to it. I'm willing to bet the main reason for the delay is the music clearances. Anyone who crosses BMI (Broadcast Music International) lives to regret it...

      Martin