8883Re: Update from Warner Archives

  • progrocktv
    May 5, 2012
      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, John <actingman6@...> wrote:

      > If they had been able to go to a vault and pull out all of the 35mm copies
      > NBC had used, and they were in decent shape (without having turned red)
      > then it might have been released by now.

      Actually when I was at Starz I spoke with WB about what elements exist and they did confirm at least 35mm copies did exist in their database (which someone else on this forum also confirmed). However I am also wondering if they actually found print negatives which then helped them make the decision of a possible Blu Ray release? Since the show wasn't in wide syndication, the masters probably sat on the shelf in the vault for years safely untouched. Now that I think about it I wonder if the film to HD conversion might be the delay as well? (in other words the transfers are taking longer than originally thought) In theory it's simple to do a 35mm to HD conversion, however you never really know what problems you'll encounter until you actually start doing it, and believe me there are MANY (color space issues, frame conversion issues, finding those horrible large streaks, etc.)

      Cheers!
      Phil
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic