8819Re: Prisoner and Gemini

    Apr 1, 2012
      --- In probe_control, actingman6 wrote:

      > ...McGoohan has to stay in America, but another Prisoner
      > episode has to be produced. Thus, a story about body
      > changing where McGoohan can be absent for most of it...

      -----

      Thanks for the info on The Prisoner, I never knew the backstage story of why they made that episode without McGoohan.

      There were times during the run of "Perry Mason" when Raymond Burr had to have surgery and they went with guest lawyers such as Bette Davis, Hugh O'Brian, Michael Rennie, and others.

      There were a couple of Voyage episodes where Richard Basehart took ill, and Gary Merrill took his place (in "The Menfish").

      I'm sure there are other examples. I don't know whether Dick Sargent replacing Dick York on Bewitched is exactly the same thing as that was a permanent replacement situation. I'm talking about situations where a star takes ill or something and someone else fills in for an episode or two.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic