5934RE: [probe_control] RE: (OT) Green Hornet film, etc.

    Sep 5, 2010
      Hello John

      That's certainly a hornet's mess of rights to sort out. Didn't know Adam West was doing his own thing though.

      I was discussing with Jim Alexander a while back about the quality of a Batman TV series DVD set we'd both seen on-line as to whether it would be worth going after.

      Anyone got it??

      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
      From: actingman6@...
      Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 23:12:55 -0400
      Subject: Re: [probe_control] RE: (OT) Green Hornet film, etc.

      I've posted this link a lot, but I can't remember if I have posted it here.
      It talks about the real reason why there may never be a DVD release of the
      1966 Batman TV series, and it mentions Green Hornet. Since it was the same
      production company, it may have the same rights issues. The real heart of
      the matter begins with paragraph 6. I think it is important reading,
      because it really makes you realize just how much goes into clearing
      something for release. It is so way much more than you would think.

      http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-Watchmen-Batman-Deal-Reported/10573