5697RE: [probe_control] Spotting the Ullman residence

    Mar 25, 2010
      Hello Jim

      It was an odd thing but I wasn't really watching for that. David Vincent was escaping and climbed the hill, exactly where it should have been, although it does make you wonder how Brugg in 'Probe' climbed the high fence there.

      In the pilot, we never saw much of the Ullman residence. Lockwood and Streeter were at the door. There was only a partial pan back when they were shot at and, of course, the swimming pool where Frau Ullman was sitting. I just involutary started ticking off things I recognised, including the turret where Lockwood had climbed up to.

      What throws it somewhat is the end sequence where the swimming pool suddenly goes missing but after years of listening to audio commentaries, directors have all kinds of problems using the same place or have to use a different setting cos it wouldn't work. Having a chopper over a swimming pool would have ended up with cast and crew in the swimming pool.

      If I am right, then it gives a bigger view of the house and if it was used more than once then it must be logged in the Hollywood files to give it an address.

      WE DON’T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US THERE:-

      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
      From: probecontrol@...
      Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:13:50 -0400
      Subject: Re: [probe_control] Spotting the Ullman residence

      I *did* get the INVADERS-Season Two set, and I'll be sure and pay special attention to 'The Captive,' Geoff.

      Don's usually the one to verify location footage. Whaddyasay, Don?

      Thanks a lot for the heads-up!

      Jim Alexander

      Those of you who have the second season of �The Invaders�, might want to have a second look at the foreign ambassador�s residence in the episode �The Captive� on the 4th DVD.

      It looks more than suspiciously like the home of the Ullmans in the �Probe� pilot and we get to see more of the front, including the knoll where Lockwood and Streeter were shot at from. There�s even a long lingering shot of the swimming pool which in the end sequence is missing because they had to use a different house cos they needed lawns beneath the helicopter.

      Can anyone else confirm that I�m right please.

      Thanks