5107Re: Anyone see NBC TV Knight Rider?

  • Dean G.
    Oct 19, 2008
      Geoff,

      Yes, I remember those episodes well (and painful they were to
      watch, especially for someone who has a fondness for 'bots). That's
      why I referred to the original KITT as "nearly indestructable".
      Mainly what I was getting at was that even with original KITT's
      computer completely deactivated his shell was still bullet proof, and
      extremely difficult to breach by other means, and the new KITT is not
      bullet proof without his computer.

      Yeah, the nano-tech is somewhat of a cheat, but even with that we
      still got one of those "Michael, we will not survive another direct
      hit." (Although this KITT says it with all the urgency of "I'm sorry,
      Dave; I'm afraid I can't do that" where as the original KITT actually
      sounded worried on many such occasions.)

      At any rate, every good supercar has its weakness, even if it's
      only the driver. (Does anyone remember KRO?)

      End Run,
      Dino

      P.S. Not to keep things OT, but does anyone remember "My Mother the
      Car"?

      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Willmetts
      <gfwillmetts@...> wrote:

      > Hello Dino
      >
      > The original KITT had a dunking in a chemical bath that practically
      destroyed it as well as giving a bleach job.

      > Have a bomb up its exhaust did critical damaged as well.
      >
      > Then there was that solution that was poured over it which
      destroyed its indestructibility as well.

      > It wasn't exactly infallable is what I'm really saying.
      >
      > The computer science in those days was very faulty though and
      today's series can't cheat so readily. Even so, using nanotech is a
      bit of a cheat.

      > Geoff********* GF Willmetts ****************************
      Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
      http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY
      MAGAZINE THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER WE DON'T CHOOSE OUR
      RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US THERE:- AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1
      most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo
      ranks SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/
      DMOZ DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google
      ranks SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantas
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic