4862Re: Probe Control Re-imagined

  • Mike
    Nov 27, 2007
      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Richard D. Perez"
      <richardperez@...> wrote:

      > I think it is a testament to SEARCH that Fred Harpman was hired by
      NBC
      > to redesign their news sets. I'd love to see an updated
      NewsCenter4
      > design. But, we can only dream.....
      >
      > STEPHEN RUSELL wrote:
      > >
      > > I think the movie The Chairman was the seed for Search & Probe
      Control
      > > but they used only Radio communications & Biomed implants to
      track
      > > Gregory Peck in China.
      > > Pure Hi Tech then for 1969.
      > > Pecks controllers had no Visual means to communicate.
      > >

      > > Charley Kline <cvkline@... <mailto:cvkline%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
      > > The concept also appeared in the 1969 Gregory Peck movie "The
      > > Chairman" but with much less finesse. Although I think I agree
      we
      > > haven't seen anything like that recently, unless you count
      cyberpunk
      > > vehicles like "The Matrix" which accomplish similar goals with
      way
      > > more far-out technology.
      > >
      > > /cvk

      Implanting devices direct into the brain is now a reality
      - have you seen the Discovery Chnl - they have implanted a camera
      that is in the eye glasses of a blind person, VIA a small computer,
      to the brain, that lets a blind person see? Bout a year ago. WOW - I
      think anything from the old SPY Shows may be possible very soon? Or
      already is?

      I have found through Searching the internet, a Very small camera -
      the size a a pencile eraser - that would fit inside the LENS of one
      of my Scanners, with a Xmitter 1/2INCH x 1/2 INCH x 1/8 INCH that
      will also fit inside a Scanner Case - yes, I have have thought about
      making a Scanner with them in it that Really works. (Not top on my
      list-but would that be way COOL?)

      Hi ALL, hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. If I dont check into
      the board? - All have a Merry XMas and a Safe an Happy New Year!

      Good Day,
      kc8nqa,
      Mike :)
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic