4732DVD recorders

    Sep 1, 2007
      Hello Stephen

      As your DVD recorder is at least 4 years old, I go along with John that it
      might well have used 'Stop' instead of 'Finalize'. What does the manual
      say?? Look around the menu options. From what you say, I get the impression
      that you don't have many on-screen options available.

      I would also say see if you know anyone locally that you can put your
      recorded DVD into and see if it shows. If it's complete then it should run.
      If it works there, it might be a problem with your cousin'' DVD player or
      the two machines aren't compatible.

      Hello John

      It doesn't sound like Stephen records as much as we do onto DVD. When mine
      breakdown, it tends to be the whole thing not just one aspect. There's a lot
      of differences between some of the companies and how they get them to work.

      As to why yours resists one kind of minus/plus at least reassures me this
      is a common problem both sides of the pond. Was there any difference in
      which manufacturer you bought?? It's getting increasingly difficult to get
      individual disks to experiment with though.

      Not entirely sure if Nero looking at a DVD recorded on a DVD recorder would
      be able to do anything.
      But it does raise an interesting question.

      Stephen.
      Presuming you've got a DVD player in your computer, can it show what you
      recorded off the TV?? I would still test your self-recorded DVDs on someone
      else's local machine but I'm building a picture so to speak.

      Looking at your next message, one thing you aren't clear on is when you
      stop recording, are you actually pressing the 'Stop' command or turning off
      the machine?? The latter wouldn't finalize it.

      Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
      http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
      THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
      THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

      AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks
      SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ
      DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks
      SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/

      Got a favourite clothes shop, bar or restaurant? Share your local knowledge
      http://www.backofmyhand.com
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic