4055Re: [probe_control] OFF TOPIC - So That's What Mike Has Been Doing!

  • Richard D. Perez
    Sep 3, 2006
      It is my understanding they will use the 'syndication' prints, which
      were recut by Par and mastered to videotape some time ago.

      TV Land is the latest cable network to get TOS, but no mention was made
      about the digital remakes.

      Personally, I don't like the fact that they can now go back and screw
      with a show just because a younger generation expects more out of sci-fi
      special effects. This same idiot mentality is what keeps great black and
      white series off TV today.

      This generation is missing out on great character-driven programs like
      "Route 66" and "The Fugitive" just because they weren't shot in color
      (and before you jump on me, I know the last season of The Fugitive was
      in color).

      I say, leave TOS alone. Remaster the prints, yes. Update the effects,
      no. Let the show stand as a testament to the ear in which it was produced.

      Richard D. Perez