4054Re: [probe_control] OFF TOPIC - So That's What Mike Has Been Doing!

  • actingman6@gmail.com
    Sep 3, 2006
      I am more curious to know if they are going to do restoration on the rest of
      the footage...never mind the special effects.

      I have the latest TOS by season DVD releases, and I was shocked at the
      condition of the episodes...especially in the first season. The amount of
      frame damage was very disturbing.

      It will be interesting to see the quality of the prints when the first
      season of Mission Impossible comes out...to see if it had anything to do
      with both shows being done at an income strapped studio...or if the Trek
      masters were neglected by Paramount when they bought out Desilu (until they
      realized what they had on their hands.)

      Seeing the breath-taking clarity and quality of the Time Tunnel masterings
      on DVD (done at the same time as first season Trek) has given me much to
      wonder about the condition of the Trek materials.

      And BTW...what is the value of new special effects if, in order to get them
      aired...they end up cutting out scenes for more commercial time in today's
      syndication market?