3997RE: [probe_control] 1972-1973 season reviewed on TV PARTY!

  • Marta Dawes
    Jul 15, 2006
      Re-Correction:

      The 25 "Sixth Sense" episodes that had been produced were cut down from an
      hour to a half-hour. They were not rewrapped by Serling; he was hired to
      speak the intros only, at a hefty price. The words were not even his
      writing but someone else's. Harry Tatelman, a Universal executive who did
      this same hatchet job on other series, was hired to cut down the NG episodes
      as well as the "Sixth Sense" episodes for a syndication package. They were
      all half-hour desecrations when he got done with them.

      I own the Yahoo Night Gallery discussion board, have done so for the past
      four years, and have the Night Gallery Companion in my hands as I type,
      which states on page 361 exactly what I've typed above. The authors of the
      book moderate the discussion list. These nor any other NG episodes will be
      coming out on DVD, at least by Universal. The sales of the first season
      were not high enough, according to the studio. No mention is made of the
      shoddiness of the package they put together, which was Universal's fault.

      Marta

      http://www.steveandmarta.com - See the 2004 Twilight Zone Convention page!

      All we are saying...
      is give Peace a chance. - John Lennon

      May the good Lord take a likin' to ya and blow ya up real soon! - Big Jim
      McBob and Billy Sol Hurok