3221Re: Probes wired?

  • Morningstar
    May 15, 2005
      The advantage of the Probe agents were that they had field knowledge.
      Probe Control only worked to facilitate their knowledge, either if
      environment or research.

      The Probe wouldn't have to divulge that he was wired. Most of the
      stories, as I recall, centered around recovery. That is what World
      Securities was in the business to do. Of course, it would be nice to
      arrest the bad guy, but if theri plans were foiled, they might have
      been convicted on the evidence, and not the testimony of the Probe agent.

      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Alexander"
      <probecontrol@s...> wrote:
      > bfiler2002000 wrote:
      > >... I suspect that as time went on, more and more people would start
      > catching on that the Probes were wired, seems like that would be almost
      > unavoidable, especially since those transmissions were taped for the
      record,
      > if the tapes were played back at some point, say, at the trial of a
      bad guy
      > caught out by a Probe, seems like he's going to be sitting there
      wondering
      > where the camera and microphone were and would put it together sooner or
      > later. (snip) How big of a secret would the Probes being wired have
      been in
      > the last season, as compared to the first? And how big of a secret
      would it
      > be with a 21st-Century SEARCH? I'm thinking of things like hackers
      > intercepting Probe transmissions and wrecking various kinds of havoc
      that
      > couldn't have been thought of in 1972...maybe a transmission with highly
      > explosive material or implications turns up on a cable news channel?
      >
      > Those are excellent notions!
      >
      > Even in the regular series, certain individuals were picking up/had
      picked
      > up on the PROBE thing, and a few were even aware of the technology.
      > Something like that is bound to get out-that these individuals were
      "wired"
      > 24/7, so to speak.
      >
      > Those are ideas that I think bear more examination.
      >
      > Jim Alexander
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic