      From: Jim Alexander
      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 10:09 AM
      Subject: [probe_control] Probes wired?

      bfiler2002000 wrote:
      >... I suspect that as time went on, more and more people would start
      catching on that the Probes were wired, seems like that would be almost
      unavoidable, especially since those transmissions were taped for the record,
      if the tapes were played back at some point, say, at the trial of a bad guy
      caught out by a Probe, seems like he's going to be sitting there wondering
      where the camera and microphone were and would put it together sooner or
      later. (snip) How big of a secret would the Probes being wired have been in
      the last season, as compared to the first? And how big of a secret would it
      be with a 21st-Century SEARCH? I'm thinking of things like hackers
      intercepting Probe transmissions and wrecking various kinds of havoc that
      couldn't have been thought of in 1972...maybe a transmission with highly
      explosive material or implications turns up on a cable news channel?

      Those are excellent notions!

      Even in the regular series, certain individuals were picking up/had picked
      up on the PROBE thing, and a few were even aware of the technology.
      Something like that is bound to get out-that these individuals were "wired"
      24/7, so to speak.

      Those are ideas that I think bear more examination.