1870Introductions

  • dmanmetz@aol.com
    Jan 4, 2003
      Name: Chris Metz, 32. I'm sure everyone is laughing since I am probably the youngest member in the group. I was two when Search came on the air, but I didn't catch it until the repeats in the summer of 1973. My mother had liked the show mainly because she liked Hugh O'Brian in "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" and Doug McClure in "The Virginian" Anyway as a child I was to young to follow the plots, but I understood that there was a different Probe agent every week and that they had ear jacks implanted in their ears to talk to Cameron at Probe Control. Every time there was an action scene ( and there were plenty of them) or the flashing lights of Probe Control, my undivided attention was given to the show. My older brother of three years also helped inform of what was going on. I have a great memory and for the longest time I had images of Search in my head. I remember a "Honeymoon to Kill" very well. Especially the car chase scene and Grover getting thrown off of his Corvette (which started my love affair with cars) when it was stolen from him later on in the episode. I remember being scared when Lockwood was thrown overboard into the water by the "Frog men" in "Suffer my Child". Funny thing, the scream scared me first and then I thought the guys in the scuba diving suits were monsters!(LOL) Ahhhhhhhhhh, the imagination of a three year old :) The last episode that stuck in my mind was Cameron being kidnaped and under all those lights in "Moment of Madness". I don't recall many Bianco episodes, but I do remember seeing one were it was night time through the whole episode and it lost my interest. Having seen the videos as an adult, I have come to the conclusion that it was probably "Twenty-four Karot Hit". When my brother and I would play together, he would be Bianco and I was Grover. Another reason Search stated in my memory was that like everyone else in the group, the pilot was shown numerous times in syndication in the 70's and up to the mid 80s. For the longest time my brother and I could never figure out why Search had made it to syndication. I had high hopes in the mid 90's when the Sci-Fi channel started showing 70's sci-fi shows that had also liked as a kid: The Invisible Man (1975), Gemini Man(1976), The Magician (1973), Auto Man (1984), etc. I just knew Search was gonna show up, but it didn't, and I was crushed :( That's why I was overjoyed when I found this site in 2000 was able to the see the show as adult and fully understand it. Thank God for the Internet. It's great to tap into childhood memories when not working. Presently I'm a Captain in US Army.
      Welcome to all the new members.

      Chris
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic