10252RE: [probe_control] Keep watching the cameras

    Oct 27, 2013

      Hello Martin

           Re: Iron Man 3. Hmmm...a 5 minute discrepancy. I wonder what made our censor board antsy. Probably Stark’s drinking habit. So what’s so special about the Chinese version?? Does the Mandarin win??

           I have all the Beast’s early appearances. It’s not an obvious line to remember though. I was always glad that Hank McCoy embraced his appearance later with the Avengers. Not sure I like his current look, mostly because his ears are in an impossible position to work.

           Re: Barry Letts. We British are always critical of our own work.

           As to the Great Intelligence. That’s simple. You humans have such limited life-spans. Having the Yeti in the London Underground is equivalent of having the Daleks rolling over Waterloo Bridge. I tended to think it was the Animus that used to be on Vortis.

           As to your email. Pretty much the same as usual on Hotmail. Most things come through under a limited choice of fonts.

      Geoff

      ***************  Geoff Willmetts    editor, SFCrowsnest.org.uk  and other suffixes ****************

      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
      From: zippytkat@...
      Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 04:54:30 -0700
      Subject: Re: [probe_control] Keep watching the cameras

      Hi Geoff;
        I actually remembered to look the other day--the US DVD of Iron Man 3 runs..."approx. 130 mins.", straight off the box. I'm sure that's no help. I wonder if we'll ever get the Chinese version--maybe on the deluxe blu-ray combo--when IM 4 comes out...
        OK, I'll just tell you--the 2001 reference comes from Amazing Adventures #2, after Hank has become the blue version of the Beast. He's still trying to pass as human with a mask, gloves and a back brace to straighten him out of the 'animal crouch' he's becoming increasingly comfortable with. He straps himself in, and slowly, painfully straightens his back. The thought balloon reads "Yeah, it's the Dawn of Man sequence, all over again...sure could use a big black slab to help me out"...
        Have finally seen the recovered episodes, and I am well impressed. Enemy of the World exceeded my expectations, I wish Barry Letts were still around for the inevitable commentary tracks...maybe he would have quit panning his work on the story if he'd gotten the chance to see it again...
        It's stuff like this that gives one hope---EOTW was one I simply never expected to see another scrap of.
        Web Of Fear is also excellent, as long as you don't examine the machinations of the Great Intelligence too closely. (I mean, if all it wants is a solid form, why didn't it just stay inside a human?)
        Now, this is one I always expected there was more of, waiting to be found. I just figured it would take years...maybe not until it could be prised out of the cold, dead fingers of a greedy, well, connected fan-boy, like something out of the opening of Young Frankenstein...well, there's still episode three--so, whoever has it, just don't damage the reel, with the vice-like grip you have on it by now...
        I was off for a couple of days, and came back to find they've totally re-formatted my Yahoo page, new fonts icons and all--does what I'm writing look any different on your end? I would tend to doubt it, but you never know unless you ask...
      martin
      From: actingman6@...
      Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 16:14:22 -0400

      Not really, a lot of those shows did run over here at least once.

      On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 5:48 AM, gf willmetts <gfwillmetts-2@...> wrote:

      Hello John
           Re: Network. That as well although I didn’t think you folk across the pond would have been familiar with that many of them, especially as so many were in black and white.