      From: gf willmetts <gfwillmetts-2@...>
      To: Search Chat <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:33 AM
      Subject: RE: [probe_control] Not Yeti

      Hello Martin
           Re: Bigfoot Show. The first one points out that the polar bear in question isn’t a modern one but any older version. Even so, a mixed DNA with a brown bear and you’d get a mottled look which over the years would become brown. Even in the dark or a thicket, I’m surprised people can’t tell the difference and they’re bumping into a bear. Most of the time, bears give humans a wide berth. Not because they’re scared, just not keen in taking the wrappers off.
           As to which country gets what first. It’s a lot more involved than that. Printing schedule, different company, rights (foreign isn’t always the same as own country surprisingly but that depends on contract, etc. A lot of it has got simpler in the Internet age and there’s a lot more co-ordination. Some things never get a UK release. I could cite PROBE on this but Warner’s are treated it as a limited release.
      Geoff
       ***************  Geoff Willmetts    editor, SFCrowsnest.org.uk  and other suffixes ****************            SFCrowsnest.org.uk is the biggest SF website in Europe and second biggest in the world                   and that&apos;s only because the first is a commerical site and they look to what we do! *************************************************************************************
      To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com From: zippytkat@... Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:41:58 -0700 Subject: Re: [probe_control] Not Yeti
      Hi Geoff::
        I&apos;ll keep an eye out for the Bigfoot show. I am making a major effort to stay a little more tuned in than the last few years, hence my folowing AOS , Arrow and the newest version of Tomorrow People. Like Rod Taylor keeps saying in &apos;TheTrain Robbers&apos;: Something to do...
        Seems only fair that you guys get the Who&apos;s first, it&apos;s your show, after all. I well recall how the UK got ST:TNG on tape sometimes before we got it on air. It&apos;s OK, I&apos;m not normally the jealous type. I can only think of one time it went the other way--shortly after the DVD range began, we apparently got The Key To Time series in a massive cube-like box set, years before the UK.
        I saw a bear on the road once. It had been roaming around town for a few days and I came across it just after dark. I was on the road home and had just crossed into a less well-lit portion of the road. About 50 yards ahead of me, this Shape suddenly reared up and lumbered off to the side. I remembered what it likely was, slowed down and gave it plenty of room--but it was still a few minutes before the hackles on my neck settled down. I&apos;m the sort who shows respect for Nature by largely staying the hell away from it.
      martin