      From: gf willmetts <gfwillmetts-2@...>
      To: Search Chat <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thu, Sep 26, 2013 2:57 pm
      Subject: RE: [probe_control] Telemetry

      Hello Dino

           Re: TV Scanner. Until it gets juice, it’s totally passive. Any information useful to the PROBE agent has to be go back to HQ and then explained back by earjack.

           Any internal power source would have to be created by an alternating current which would mean something would have to be moving continually because there’s no room for a battery so yes, it would have to be a dynamo of some sort.

           Forget TV in all of this. All the discussion is based on how possible this is in the real world. It might not have seemed that way back in the 70s but the technology has caught up. Like Mike says, the only real obstacle is the power source.

           If ‘Search’ was made today, it would still have to be a concealed device still but access to info wouldn’t have changed so much other than automating some of it. You would probably still need someone in power management, a medic and a boss who would check the computer data.

           Re: microwaves and your speakers. Hmmm....I haven’t tried this but if you fancy a little experiment, make a suitable box to go behind the speaker, wrap it in silver foil, shiny side out, and see if shielding that side helps. It’ll be a lot cheaper than putting a fine mesh in front of the speakers.

      Geoff

      ***************  Geoff Willmetts    editor, SFCrowsnest.org.uk  and other suffixes ****************