short cut needed

  • shankar ramakrishnan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2000
      Let A be finite set of randomly selected integers.
      Firstly, I would like to thank Mr.Noel for the proof
      for the LCM.
      Now I am having another difficulty.
      From the set A all possible subsets are formed except
      the null set.
      Let us call these subsets as B1,B2,B3,...
      Let c1 denote the LCM of the integers of set B1.
      Generalising ck denotes the LCM of the integers of the
      set Bk.
      Let d be the maximum of the array {ck}. and Bd be the
      set which produces that maximum d
      Now Amax is the Bd.
      ie. Given set A we have to find a subset of A which
      produces a maximum LCM.
      If two subsets produces same LCM and a tie occurs then
      the set with minimum sum of the elements of the sets
      is taken.
      CAN I GET ANY SHORT CUT ALGORITHM FOR THIS.

      http://im.yahoo.com