[probability] SEC: UNCLASSIFIED:-Problem

  • Alan.Legge@defence.gov.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2000
      Good Morning
      My name is Alan Legge and I am doing a course of study that requires a
      knowledge of quantitative techniques. It has been many years since I have
      dabbled in this area and would appreciate any advice on how to attack the
      problem below.

      Cheers

      Oil seals used in a number of identical gearboxes have exhibited the following
      failure times.

      Time to failure (hours) No. of Oil Seals

      200-400 2
      400-600 10
      600-800 25
      800-1000 36
      1000-1200 20
      1200-1400 14
      1400-1600 1

      For the above data determine:

      a. The reliability and failure distribution graphs R(t) and F(t).

      b. A graph of the failure density f(t).

      c. The hazard curve H(t).