Re: [probability] subexponential distributions

  • sagar nargundkar
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hi Shuva,

      Thanks for your reply. I have tried all that you
      mentioned but with limited success. I have stumbled
      upon some work done on subexponential distributions
      with infinite support, but none of them mention the
      finite support case. If anyone has any information on
      them, please let me know.

      Thanks,
      Sagar

      --- shuva gupta <shuvagupta@...> wrote:

      > did you do a google ?..search my guess is you shall
      > find it ..otherwise visit www.probability.net and
      > there you may find links leading you to places where
      > you might find your answer.
      > Regards,
      > Shuva
      >
      > sagar nargundkar <sgnargundkar@...> wrote:
      > Hey guys!
      >
      > I was looking into heavy tailed distributions and
      > subexponentials to charecterise interference
      > observed
      > in wireless networks. Have you guys come across any
      > literature that defines subexponential distributions
      > for a limited support? If so please let me know.
      >
      > Thanks and Regards,
      > Sagar

      > protection around
      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      > Mathematics degree online Mathematics
      > education Science Mathematics distance
      > education Mathematics tutor Mathematics

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      >

      > ---------------------------------

      > removed]

      __________________________________
    • fakhraddin chamaneh
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
        Hi
        Are You an iranian, If you are i suppose you to have a visit from tehran teacher training(Tarbiat moallem) university, You may found some dissertations about subexponential and heavy tailed distributions, Especially you can have a discussiion with Mrs Akram Mohammadtaheri who is an undergraduated student of statistics in MSc degree, Her thesis is about what you are looking for.
        Fakhraddin Misagh

        __________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
          now this method has to work as I have tried it oit myself,,,,,
          go to www.jstor.org and do an advanced search with the key words as " subexponential AND distributions AND finite AND support " and you will be refered to a bunch of reserach papers (most of them are kind of technical ) but if you go thru all the stuff there Iam sure you'll find what you are looking for.
          good luck.

          __________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 8, 2006
            Hi Fakhraddin,

            Thank you very much for the help, but I am not an
            Iranian. I am an Indian currently working towards an
            MS in Electrical Engg in the USA.

            Shuva,

            Thanks a lot for your help too. I think I finally
            found what I was looking for, it wasnt through the
            source you mentioned but I found very similar stuff
            there too.

            Thanks both of you and wish everyone a happy new year!

            Sagar

            Just $16.99/mo. or less.
            dsl.yahoo.com
          • fakhraddin chamaneh
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 18, 2006
              Hi Saghar,

              can you send me the information that you found about subexponential and heavy tail distributions.

              kind regards
              Fakhraddin Misagh

> [...]

              > Thanks,
              > Sagar
              >

              > --- shuva gupta <shuvagupta@...> wrote:
              >
              > > did you do a google ?..search my guess is you
              > shall
              > > find it ..otherwise visit www.probability.net and
              > > there you may find links leading you to places
              > where
              > > you might find your answer.
              > > Regards,
              > > Shuva
              > >
              > > sagar nargundkar <sgnargundkar@...> wrote:
              > > Hey guys!
              > >
              > > I was looking into heavy tailed distributions and
              > > subexponentials to charecterise interference
              > > observed
              > > in wireless networks. Have you guys come across
              > any
              > > literature that defines subexponential
              > distributions
              > > for a limited support? If so please let me know.

              Just $16.99/mo. or less.
              dsl.yahoo.com