Battery vendors (was: Liquid NiMH battery pack cooling?)

  • Felix Kramer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
      Thanks, Jerry

      Yes, we're in touch with Ben and with others at Cobasys (Ben Ovshinsky has
      been very supportive of PHEVs, and recently contributed a "history of
      PHEVs" to the CalCars website at http://www.calcars.org/history.html ), and
      we do expect to explore sourcing from Cobasys as one of the most attractive
      vendors.

      While general discussions of vendors and evaluations of quality of products
      are highly appropriate topics for postings, given the complexities of the
      battery supply industry, I would suggest that contact names and
      granular-level discussions about different companies' products, especially
      pricing and availability, be sent privately to Ron and/or to me, rather
      than posted to the list. We also very much welcome comments either publicly
      or privately about Ron's battety spreadsheet, which makes clear which
      batteries are most favorably under consideration.