Cross Posting & Sharing about Prison Correspondence

  • Friends of Onesiphorus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2003
      Dear Friends & Moderators,

      I am curious what each prisoners' pen friends' newsgroup moderator holds as policy concerning posting of messages from one group to the next. I aks since this varies from groups to group and from circuit to circuit. In some I have found that cross posting is welcomed and in some cases even recommended, that all who read different groups may glean from the sharing of infomration of common interest. When we are dealing with the information of private lives, I can understand the need to protect the privacy of individuals, their friends and their families, having been there and done that, and still feeling the repricussions of things done over sixteen years ago, after having been back in the free world for almost eleven years.

      Also, what is the limit with sharing correpondence or referring to correspondence with inmates from one group to another? Many are posted in numerous active newsgroups and also on huge web borards for all to see.

      Sincerely,
      Dan Laurier

      Onesiphorus_One & Onesiphorus 2003, are a Christian E-Mail & Snail Mail outreach to people incarcerated around the world. This is an extension of the Associated Christian Ministries Worldwide, Fourth World Outreach, Onesiphorus Network, and is currently charged to the care of Mr. Daniel E. Laurier, MrDaniel47@... / MrDaniel051@....