No activity in last 7 days
If you throw in parolees and probationers the combined number of people under some form of correctional supervision in the United States rises to nearly 7 million, or an estimated one out of every 32 adults. Originally founded in Youngstown, Ohio (home to Ohio's death row), this moderated listserv brings together a national and international network of people who are concerned with prisoners' rights and prison alternatives. Long-time prisoner advocates, Staughton and Alice Lynd, are part of the Youngstown Prison Forum that inspired the formation of this forum. A related portal, www.Prisonersolidarity.org, offers current news as well as original essays written by prisoners, activists and concerned citizens.
- Human Rights
- Dec 18, 2005
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.