I think part of your confusion is how many mathematicians use the word `product.’ A product is a zero or more terms multiplied together. So 1 is a productprimemogul
K T Actually the FTA states that “every integer greater than one is either prime itself or is the product of prime factors, and that this product is unique,powellarp
Science counts 2 as aprime number. However there is a 2 contradiction: - The definition of primes is: The prime number is the number that can only be dividedkrestop
who enjoy prime numbers. Some look for patterns,
some seek to find new records, others try to understand
the distribution. We try to limit our discussion to
prime numbers, primality testing, and very closely
If you think you have a Goldbach proof, then please note that there are groups which deal specifically with such matters, perhaps try those first?
| [ The |
Prime Pages :
Top 5000 |
- Avoid sending the same mail to multiple lists! (because it spams those who are on all of them).
- Follow links at you (on left) at your own risk! They have been provided by the members. We check them periodically but...
- Also download files (on left) at your own risk. Is your virus checker up to date?
- Please report any malicious or non-prime related files/links/... to the moderators.
- Number Theory
- Dec 27, 2000
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.