Re: [PrimeNumbers] Chen Theorem 1966

  • mikeoakes2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2002
      jicasaubon@... writes:

      > I need a proof by Chen 1966, There are infinity a, a+2 (even) that are the
      > product of at most two primes (or something like this).

      One fairly accessible source is the book edited by Wang Yuan "Goldbach
      Conjecture" (World Scientific, Singapore, 1984), which reprints the paper by
      Chen Jing-Run "On the representation of a large even integer as the sum of a
      prime and the product of at most two primes", Scientia Sinica, XVI, pp.
      157-176 (1973).

      This paper proves the following:-
      Theorem II. There exists infinitely many primes p such that p+h is a product
      of at most 2 primes, h being any even integer, and x_h(1,2) >=
      0.67*x*C_h/(log(x))^2.

      This paper is one of the classic ones in all of number theory, of course, but
      is inevitably a hard read...

      Mike Oakes