Re: [PrimeNumbers] found new Fermat factor

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
      --- Leonid Durman <durman@...> wrote:
      > November 2 2002
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > Today Vasily Danilov has informed:
      >
      > found m=286, k=78472588395, n=288
      > 78472588395.2^288+1 divides F_286
      >
      > I apologize, that I dispatch it publicly, but I can not transmit it on any
      > address Wilfrid Keller.
      > All my messages not reception by his servers. Therefore I am forced to
      > inform it here.

      I'm glad you did post it here. With so many interesting distributed and team
      searches taking place it's nice to be reminded oftheir progress every now
      and then.

      For those new to the list, Leonid is managing a distributed search for
      factors of Fermat numbers (numbers of the form 2^2^n+1). If you have a PC
      sitting idle then I heartily recommend you to visit the project's home page,
      find out more, grab a client program, and join the search!

      http://www.fermatsearch.org/index.htm

      Congrats to Vasily, and good luck to _all_ testers!

      Phil

      =====
      First rule of Factor Club - you do not talk about Factor Club.
      Second rule of Factor Club - you DO NOT talk about Factor Club.
      Third rule of Factor Club - when the cofactor is prime, or you've trial-
      divided up to the square root of the number, the factoring is over.

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/