found new Fermat factor

  • Leonid Durman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
      November 2 2002

      Hello,

      Today Vasily Danilov has informed:

      found m=286, k=78472588395, n=288
      78472588395.2^288+1 divides F_286

      I apologize, that I dispatch it publicly, but I can not transmit it on any
      address Wilfrid Keller.
      All my messages not reception by his servers. Therefore I am forced to
      inform it here.

      Leonid Durman
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
        --- Leonid Durman <durman@...> wrote:
        > November 2 2002
        >
        > Hello,
        >
        > Today Vasily Danilov has informed:
        >
        > found m=286, k=78472588395, n=288
        > 78472588395.2^288+1 divides F_286
        >
        > I apologize, that I dispatch it publicly, but I can not transmit it on any
        > address Wilfrid Keller.
        > All my messages not reception by his servers. Therefore I am forced to
        > inform it here.

        I'm glad you did post it here. With so many interesting distributed and team
        searches taking place it's nice to be reminded oftheir progress every now
        and then.

        For those new to the list, Leonid is managing a distributed search for
        factors of Fermat numbers (numbers of the form 2^2^n+1). If you have a PC
        sitting idle then I heartily recommend you to visit the project's home page,
        find out more, grab a client program, and join the search!

        http://www.fermatsearch.org/index.htm

        Congrats to Vasily, and good luck to _all_ testers!

        Phil

        =====
        First rule of Factor Club - you do not talk about Factor Club.
        Second rule of Factor Club - you DO NOT talk about Factor Club.
        Third rule of Factor Club - when the cofactor is prime, or you've trial-
        divided up to the square root of the number, the factoring is over.

        HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
        http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/