Re: p-SPRP

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
      I wrote:
      > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)
      Phil quipped:
      > Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
      But the smilie was written _after_ studying
      http://217.35.81.229/spp.html
      so what joke is on whom, Phil?
      David (whose humour[?] is known to be perverse)
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
        --- djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
        > I wrote:
        > > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)
        > Phil quipped:
        > > Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
        > But the smilie was written _after_ studying
        > http://217.35.81.229/spp.html
        > so what joke is on whom, Phil?
        > David (whose humour[?] is known to be perverse)

        I've never liked slapstick.

        Phil

        =====
        "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in
        times of moral crisis, preserved their neutrality."
        -- John F. Kennedy, 24 June 1963, claiming to quote Dante,
        to whom this has been incorrectly attributed ever since.

        http://finance.yahoo.com
      • Jason Moxham
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
          On Monday 02 Sep 2002 7:49 am, Leonid Durman wrote:
          > Hello all,
          >
          > Jason wrote:
          > >for composite bases remember to check gcd(n,base)=1
          > >bases
          > >2 & 1226150 and n<38,210323 then n is prime
          > >2 & 305185 and n<72,498253 and sqrt condition then n is prime
          > >2 & 1121 & 6165 and n<20689,557337
          > >2 & 463 & 735 & 849 and n<5,486664,348901 then n is prime
          >
          > It still best practical results.
          > I have spent only hour for search. But at the large expenditures of time
          > and resources it is possible to discover the best values.
          > Excellent work.
          >
          > >for finding SPRP's for a fixed set of bases it is best NOT to use any
          >
          > powering
          >
          > >at all , I can dig out some referances if your interested , they use a
          > >backtracking search .
          >
          > Yes, certainly. I am interested in any information which can to help,
          > and I plan to create the high-performance code on an assembler.
          > I would be interested to discover the best outcomes for values n<2^64. The
          > sieve here is already less effective, a lot of memory permanently requires
          > even if to optimize. And for practical researches with prime, SPRP test
          > would be useful.

          This is what my current code is based on
          http://www.chalcedon.demon.co.uk/publish.html#41

          Not read this yet , but it looks good
          http://www.bell-labs.com/user/bleichen/diss/thesis.html

          Jason

          > Regards
          >
          > Leonid Durman
        • Jason Moxham
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
            On Monday 02 Sep 2002 11:07 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
            > --- djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
            > > I see that Jason used 2 & x & y ...
            > > That makes the problem rather easy up to
            > > n=10^13, since one can pinch the file
            > > http://www.chalcedon.demon.co.uk/rgep/spsp-13.gz
            > > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)
            >
            > Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
            > Jason has all 2 SPSPs up to 4,503,586,330,870,201

            Well not quite , they have yet to be verifyed
            4.5e15=4,503,586,330,870,201=2^52

            do have nearly all up to 2^56=7.2e16 , again not verified , missing the
            squares , and split up up into many inconvient files...

            > Pinch is _such_ a 20th century resource...

            I glad to offer 21st century resources , note: coming soon 22nd century
            resources and more....

            jason