Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: p-SPRP

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
      --- djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
      > I see that Jason used 2 & x & y ...
      > That makes the problem rather easy up to
      > n=10^13, since one can pinch the file
      > http://www.chalcedon.demon.co.uk/rgep/spsp-13.gz
      > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)

      Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
      Jason has all 2 SPSPs up to 4,503,586,330,870,201
      Pinch is _such_ a 20th century resource...

      Phil

      =====
      "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in
      times of moral crisis, preserved their neutrality."
      -- John F. Kennedy, 24 June 1963, claiming to quote Dante,
      to whom this has been incorrectly attributed ever since.

      http://finance.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
        I wrote:
        > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)
        Phil quipped:
        > Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
        But the smilie was written _after_ studying
        http://217.35.81.229/spp.html
        so what joke is on whom, Phil?
        David (whose humour[?] is known to be perverse)
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
          --- djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
          > I wrote:
          > > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)
          > Phil quipped:
          > > Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
          > But the smilie was written _after_ studying
          > http://217.35.81.229/spp.html
          > so what joke is on whom, Phil?
          > David (whose humour[?] is known to be perverse)

          I've never liked slapstick.

          Phil

          =====
          "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in
          times of moral crisis, preserved their neutrality."
          -- John F. Kennedy, 24 June 1963, claiming to quote Dante,
          to whom this has been incorrectly attributed ever since.

          http://finance.yahoo.com
        • Jason Moxham
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
            On Monday 02 Sep 2002 7:49 am, Leonid Durman wrote:
            > Hello all,
            >
            > Jason wrote:
            > >for composite bases remember to check gcd(n,base)=1
            > >bases
            > >2 & 1226150 and n<38,210323 then n is prime
            > >2 & 305185 and n<72,498253 and sqrt condition then n is prime
            > >2 & 1121 & 6165 and n<20689,557337
            > >2 & 463 & 735 & 849 and n<5,486664,348901 then n is prime
            >
            > It still best practical results.
            > I have spent only hour for search. But at the large expenditures of time
            > and resources it is possible to discover the best values.
            > Excellent work.
            >
            > >for finding SPRP's for a fixed set of bases it is best NOT to use any
            >
            > powering
            >
            > >at all , I can dig out some referances if your interested , they use a
            > >backtracking search .
            >
            > Yes, certainly. I am interested in any information which can to help,
            > and I plan to create the high-performance code on an assembler.
            > I would be interested to discover the best outcomes for values n<2^64. The
            > sieve here is already less effective, a lot of memory permanently requires
            > even if to optimize. And for practical researches with prime, SPRP test
            > would be useful.

            This is what my current code is based on
            http://www.chalcedon.demon.co.uk/publish.html#41

            Not read this yet , but it looks good
            http://www.bell-labs.com/user/bleichen/diss/thesis.html

            Jason

            > Regards
            >
            > Leonid Durman
          • Jason Moxham
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
              On Monday 02 Sep 2002 11:07 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
              > --- djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
              > > I see that Jason used 2 & x & y ...
              > > That makes the problem rather easy up to
              > > n=10^13, since one can pinch the file
              > > http://www.chalcedon.demon.co.uk/rgep/spsp-13.gz
              > > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)
              >
              > Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
              > Jason has all 2 SPSPs up to 4,503,586,330,870,201

              Well not quite , they have yet to be verifyed
              4.5e15=4,503,586,330,870,201=2^52

              do have nearly all up to 2^56=7.2e16 , again not verified , missing the
              squares , and split up up into many inconvient files...

              > Pinch is _such_ a 20th century resource...

              I glad to offer 21st century resources , note: coming soon 22nd century
              resources and more....

              jason