Re: p-SPRP

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2 2:34 AM
      I see that Jason used 2 & x & y ...
      That makes the problem rather easy up to
      n=10^13, since one can pinch the file
      http://www.chalcedon.demon.co.uk/rgep/spsp-13.gz
      How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2 3:07 AM
        --- djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
        > I see that Jason used 2 & x & y ...
        > That makes the problem rather easy up to
        > n=10^13, since one can pinch the file
        > http://www.chalcedon.demon.co.uk/rgep/spsp-13.gz
        > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)

        Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
        Jason has all 2 SPSPs up to 4,503,586,330,870,201
        Pinch is _such_ a 20th century resource...

        Phil

        =====
        "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in
        times of moral crisis, preserved their neutrality."
        -- John F. Kennedy, 24 June 1963, claiming to quote Dante,
        to whom this has been incorrectly attributed ever since.

        http://finance.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2 3:38 AM
          I wrote:
          > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)
          Phil quipped:
          > Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
          But the smilie was written _after_ studying
          http://217.35.81.229/spp.html
          so what joke is on whom, Phil?
          David (whose humour[?] is known to be perverse)
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2 5:41 AM
            --- djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
            > I wrote:
            > > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)
            > Phil quipped:
            > > Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
            > But the smilie was written _after_ studying
            > http://217.35.81.229/spp.html
            > so what joke is on whom, Phil?
            > David (whose humour[?] is known to be perverse)

            I've never liked slapstick.

            Phil

            =====
            "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in
            times of moral crisis, preserved their neutrality."
            -- John F. Kennedy, 24 June 1963, claiming to quote Dante,
            to whom this has been incorrectly attributed ever since.

            http://finance.yahoo.com
          • Jason Moxham
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2 1:47 PM
              On Monday 02 Sep 2002 7:49 am, Leonid Durman wrote:
              > Hello all,
              >
              > Jason wrote:
              > >for composite bases remember to check gcd(n,base)=1
              > >bases
              > >2 & 1226150 and n<38,210323 then n is prime
              > >2 & 305185 and n<72,498253 and sqrt condition then n is prime
              > >2 & 1121 & 6165 and n<20689,557337
              > >2 & 463 & 735 & 849 and n<5,486664,348901 then n is prime
              >
              > It still best practical results.
              > I have spent only hour for search. But at the large expenditures of time
              > and resources it is possible to discover the best values.
              > Excellent work.
              >
              > >for finding SPRP's for a fixed set of bases it is best NOT to use any
              >
              > powering
              >
              > >at all , I can dig out some referances if your interested , they use a
              > >backtracking search .
              >
              > Yes, certainly. I am interested in any information which can to help,
              > and I plan to create the high-performance code on an assembler.
              > I would be interested to discover the best outcomes for values n<2^64. The
              > sieve here is already less effective, a lot of memory permanently requires
              > even if to optimize. And for practical researches with prime, SPRP test
              > would be useful.

              This is what my current code is based on
              http://www.chalcedon.demon.co.uk/publish.html#41

              Not read this yet , but it looks good
              http://www.bell-labs.com/user/bleichen/diss/thesis.html

              Jason

              > Regards
              >
              > Leonid Durman
            • Jason Moxham
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2 5:12 PM
                On Monday 02 Sep 2002 11:07 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
                > --- djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
                > > I see that Jason used 2 & x & y ...
                > > That makes the problem rather easy up to
                > > n=10^13, since one can pinch the file
                > > http://www.chalcedon.demon.co.uk/rgep/spsp-13.gz
                > > How about up to 10^14 Jason :-)
                >
                > Wipe that smilie off your post, David.
                > Jason has all 2 SPSPs up to 4,503,586,330,870,201

                Well not quite , they have yet to be verifyed
                4.5e15=4,503,586,330,870,201=2^52

                do have nearly all up to 2^56=7.2e16 , again not verified , missing the
                squares , and split up up into many inconvient files...

                > Pinch is _such_ a 20th century resource...

                I glad to offer 21st century resources , note: coming soon 22nd century
                resources and more....

                jason