primes in arithmetic prog.

  • Sebastian Martin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31 2:43 PM
      Hello all:
      you can see my article about prime numbers at:

      http://www.gallup.unm.edu/~Smarandache/SMRuiz-nextprime.pdf

      and other formulas at:

      http://www.primepuzzles.net/problems/prob_038.htm
      http://www.primepuzzles.net/problems/prob_039.htm

      Any comment or improvements will be welcome.

      Sincerely:

      Sebastián Martín Ruiz

      Yahoo! Messenger
      Descárgalo ya desde http://messenger.yahoo.es
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31 2:55 PM
        --- Sebastian Martin <sebi_sebi@...> wrote:
        > Hello all:
        > you can see my article about prime numbers at:
        >
        > http://www.gallup.unm.edu/~Smarandache/SMRuiz-nextprime.pdf
        >
        > and other formulas at:
        >
        > http://www.primepuzzles.net/problems/prob_038.htm
        > http://www.primepuzzles.net/problems/prob_039.htm
        >
        > Any comment or improvements will be welcome.

        What computatioal complexity do algorithms based on your formulae have?

        For example, what's the point in replacing the sigma0 function with a sum
        that has exponential complexity? And what's the point in performing that sum
        repeatedly inside another expression whose number of terms is exponential in
        the side of the problem size?

        Phil

        =====
        "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in
        times of moral crisis, preserved their neutrality."
        -- John F. Kennedy, 24 June 1963, claiming to quote Dante,
        to whom this has been incorrectly attributed ever since.

        http://finance.yahoo.com