Re: [PrimeNumbers] Primality proving in polynomial time...

    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 7, 2002
      --- Jason Moxham <j.l.moxham@...> wrote:
      > On Wednesday 07 Aug 2002 9:41 pm, Jason Moxham wrote:
      > > Here is a very bad implementation of the test
      > >
      > > Doesn't seems too good ..
      > > Although thats probably the idiot who programmed it
      > http://217.35.81.229/newprime.tar.gz

      Michael Scott has posted part of an implementation for Miracl on
      sci.crypt
      It looks like the Miracl library alerady has a reasonable
      implementation of
      the required rings. It's the post conjecture (4) version, i.e. the
      one
      without the "a" loop.

      Phil

      =====
      --
      The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make
      empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have

      http://health.yahoo.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 20, 2002
        --- Milton Brown <miltbrown@...> wrote:
        > Perhaps, those who have "not jumped on the bandwagon publicly" should
        > take a critical look at the paper.
        >
        > Just because you believe something should be true does not mean that the
        > proof is correct.

        Are you now claiming that Brun, Titchmarsh and Fouvry are incorrect too?
        (It looks from the "on average" in the name of the paper that Baker & Harman
        simply provided some heuristics, and they can probably be absolved of blame.)

        If you think that "there exists" means "we can find", then maybe you could
        use your new maths to generate an at-least-billion-digit prime for us. It'll
        make you a rich man if you do. Or do you think that Evclides', Kummer's,
        Stieltjes', Goldbach's, Schorn's, Euler's, Thue's, Perott's, Auric's, and
        M\'etrod/s proofs of the infiniteness of primes are all incorrect too?

        I should inform Springer-Verlag immediately, and inform them to burn all
        their maths books, in that case.

        Phil

        =====
        --
        The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make
        empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have
        made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in
        the bonds of Hell. -- Common mistranslation of St. Augustine (354-430)

        HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
        http://www.hotjobs.com