The interweb is rubbish... :-/

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
      In that no matter what I do, I can't find a copy of

      E. Bach & J. Shallit
      Factoring with Cyclotomic Polynomials
      Math. Comp. Vol. 52, 1989, pp. 201-218

      which, despite its age, may well be an interesting read.

      Anyone care to enlighten me as to whether that is indeed the case?

      ;-)

      Note - I see that B & S have coauthored a book on ANT, anyone know if
      that
      would (a) contain the same info and (b) be accessible to a numb-nut
      like
      myself.

      Phil

      =====
      --
      The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make
      empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • andrew_j_walker
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
        --- In primenumbers@y..., Phil Carmody <thefatphil@y...> wrote:
        > In that no matter what I do, I can't find a copy of
        >
        > E. Bach & J. Shallit
        > Factoring with Cyclotomic Polynomials
        > Math. Comp. Vol. 52, 1989, pp. 201-218
        >
        > which, despite its age, may well be an interesting read.
        >
        > Anyone care to enlighten me as to whether that is indeed the case?
        >
        > ;-)
        >
        > Note - I see that B & S have coauthored a book on ANT, anyone know
        if
        > that
        > would (a) contain the same info and (b) be accessible to a numb-nut
        > like
        > myself.
        >
        > Phil

        Phil, if no-one sends you a pdf,ps,whatever I can make a copy from my
        uni library and snail mail it. Did you get a chance to have a look
        at the sieving program I discussed in message
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primenumbers/message/7728

        Just a quick look over would be fine. Thanks,

        Andrew