Re: [PrimeNumbers] Tschebysheff

  • John W. Nicholson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002
      From: "John W. Nicholson" <johnw.nicholson@...>
      To: <primenumbers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 3:25 AM
      Subject: [PrimeNumbers] Tschebysheff

      > I know that I have been using Tschebysheff proof. But is there somewhere
      on the net a proof of this? I just would like to see how he did it.

      Is there any pages other than the ones that Jon sent? And is there anyone
      who knows what this proof is good for? I mean What are all of the things
      that have been found by using the fact that a prime is between p and 2*p?

      I just want to understand the method that he used to find this proof.