Re: [PrimeNumbers] Question!

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
      --- "S.R.Sudarshan Iyengar" <sudarshansr@...> wrote:
      > Dear friends,
      >
      > What is the biggest prime known so far?

      http://primepages.org/largest.html

      2^13466917-1 4053946 Cameron, Woltman, Kurowski, GIMPS 2001
      (notes)

      > What is the biggest known twin prime?

      http://primepages.org/largest.html

      318032361.2^107001�1 32220 Underbakke, Carmody, PrimeForm 2001

      > Where can I get more details about the ways through
      > which(algorithms) prime numbers are computed.

      http://primepages.org/

      In particlular "Finding primes & proving primality" ->
      http://primepages.org/prove/index.html

      Phil

      =====
      --
      The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make
      empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have

      http://health.yahoo.com