Question!

  • S.R.Sudarshan Iyengar
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
      Dear friends,

      What is the biggest prime known so far?

      What is the biggest known twin prime?

      Where can I get more details about the ways through which(algorithms) prime numbers are computed.

      Regards,
      S.R.Sudarshan Iyengar

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
        --- "S.R.Sudarshan Iyengar" <sudarshansr@...> wrote:
        > Dear friends,
        >
        > What is the biggest prime known so far?

        http://primepages.org/largest.html

        2^13466917-1 4053946 Cameron, Woltman, Kurowski, GIMPS 2001
        (notes)

        > What is the biggest known twin prime?

        http://primepages.org/largest.html

        318032361.2^107001�1 32220 Underbakke, Carmody, PrimeForm 2001

        > Where can I get more details about the ways through
        > which(algorithms) prime numbers are computed.

        http://primepages.org/

        In particlular "Finding primes & proving primality" ->
        http://primepages.org/prove/index.html

        Phil

        =====
        --
        The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make
        empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have

        http://health.yahoo.com