RE: [PrimeNumbers] Tschebysheff

  • Jon Perry
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2002
      #I know that I have been using Tschebysheff proof. But is there somewhere on
      the net a proof of #this? I just would like to see how he did it.

      I haven't seen a proof for this on the net, but I imagine it uses the PNT.

      See:

      http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths/primedensity/primedensity.htm

      Erdos proved that there are 2 primes between p and 2p:

      http://www.maa.org/mathland/mathland_10_7.html

      Jon Perry
      perry@...
      http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths
      BrainBench MVP for HTML and JavaScript
      http://www.brainbench.com

      I know that I have been using Tschebysheff proof. But is there somewhere on
      the net a proof of this? I just would like to see how he did it.

    • John W. Nicholson
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2002