Tschebysheff

  • John W. Nicholson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2002
      I know that I have been using Tschebysheff proof. But is there somewhere on the net a proof of this? I just would like to see how he did it.

    • Jon Perry
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2002
        #I know that I have been using Tschebysheff proof. But is there somewhere on
        the net a proof of #this? I just would like to see how he did it.

        I haven't seen a proof for this on the net, but I imagine it uses the PNT.

        See:

        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths/primedensity/primedensity.htm

        Erdos proved that there are 2 primes between p and 2p:

        http://www.maa.org/mathland/mathland_10_7.html

        Jon Perry
        perry@...
        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths