RE: [PrimeNumbers] Proof of infinite Germainn primes

  • Paul Jobling
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
      Phil, Jon,

      No need to look that far into the proof - it has all gone wrong before we even
      get into the mathematics, at the definition stage: "Germain primes are primes
      'p' such that 2p-1 is prime". (They are primes p such that 2p+1 is prime)

      Regards,

      Paul.

    • Jon Perry
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
        Alright, I meant the Woodall primes. Anyway the proof covers both 2p-1 and
        2p+1.

        Jon Perry
        perry@...
        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths