RE: FW: [PrimeNumbers] gcd conjecture

  • Jon Perry
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 27, 2002
      <quote>BTW, I should have guessed my hypothesis was wrong. As a matter of
      fact, I did the same error than the one I reproach to Jon Perry: lack
      of realism. The property "it always exists J so that gcd(A+I,A+J)=1
      for any I" is so remarkable that if it was true it would already be
      proven or conjectured by a mathematician. And since this is not the
      case, it "implies" it is false.</quote>

      Don't be so hard on yourself - both conjectures are still open for maximal
      composite runs.

      Jon Perry
      perry@...
      http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths