Re: [PrimeNumbers] Program to manipulate big numbers

  • Paul Landon
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
      Primeform is the best "pocket calculator" for big numbers.
      As a side effect it even tests for probable or proven primality too! :-)
      It has many functions such as gcd, about the only useful thing that it
      doesn't have is a modulo exponentiation :-( well it has it inside but you
      can't use it from the UI )-:

      I have recently found a new toy -
      GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library (GMP)
      http://swox.com/gmp/

      and I've heard good things about LiDIA which uses GMP,
      linked amongst others from that web page.

      Cheers,
      Paul Landon