Re: 4-Brilliant results

  • jim_fougeron
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
      --- In primenumbers@y..., "alpertron" <alpertron@h...> wrote:
      >--- In primenumbers@y..., "jim_fougeron" <jfoug@k...> wrote:
      >> These are minimal 4 brilliant numbers:
      >
      >[snip]
      >
      >It appears that your computer worked a lot. Thanks a lot, Jim.

      Actually no. I worked more than my computer (for the larger numbers
      at least).

      When starting out, I used this technique: (for 10^29+ and 10^30+)
      1. trial factor a 5000000 range with CPAPSieve up to prime 10000000
      2. compute ceil((10^29)^.25) (17782795)
      3. trial factor the values left over up to this point.
      4. Whatever items factored out on step 2 (not too many) are the only
      candidates which can be brilliant-4.
      5. Check each of these by fully factoring until a brilliant was found
      6. For 10^30+ step 2 is ceil((10^30)^.25) which is 31622776

      For the larger numbers (where I show a lot of additional brilliants,
      and "large enough" 4 factor results), I used this method: (10^35+)

      1. trial factor a 5000000 range with CPAPSieve up to prime 100000000
      2. modified CPAPSieve to not eliminate candidates, but to count how
      many factors each had seen. Then simply run it to prime 1000000000
      and output all candidates which 4 factors were found.

      Method 2 is a constant time method, however, each time you increase
      the size of the brilliant factors by 1 digit, this method take 10
      times as long to complete.

      Using something like the method 2 would quickly these brilliants while
      the size of the factors are small.

      Jim.