Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: 11-then-bust

    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2002
      --- djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
      > Phil:
      > > I just love the 'SoB' abbreviation.
      > You said it, not me:-)

      Oh dear. Maybe I should make some excuses. I went to see the great
      70s band "Wigwam" last night, came home rather late, and shall we say
      don't now remember exactly the contents of my mails...

      > > hoping that I can sieve to ~60G
      > Go for it!
      > But, correct me if I'm wrong,
      > suppose you made it it only up to 30G.
      > Then those 17 would run 3% slower?
      > Sob :-)

      Indeed they would. However these computers that are doing the sieving
      would be otherwise completely unused, and wasting 4GHz-months is
      nothing more than a crime against primality.
      It's zero-cost, effectively. And even a paltry 3% saving in time for
      zero cost is good VFM.

      Phil

      =====
      --
      "One cannot delete the Web browser from KDE without
      losing the ability to manage files on the user's own

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com