accuracy!

  • Punkish301@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2001
      sorry folks did it again, I'm trying to write this up accurately and finding
      it difficult. I know what I mean, but helping you understand what I mean can
      be frustrating...lol

      When I said,

      sum(2<n<=x) A(n)*A(n+2) where A(n) is the Mangoldt function (that is, log p
      when n is a prime-power, otherwise zero). I've excluded 2 because it doesnt
      appear in the prime pair sequence.

      Evidently if you divide this by log n * log (n+2) you are left with a
      rational number

      I meant, dividing each term in the sum by the double log, rather than
      dividing the sum by it because you dont then get the rational number!

      from Guy