Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Some big ECPP-primes

  • Bouk de
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 29, 2001
      I don't agree with Phil on this.

      If I would take the first R of the certificate of the
      La Barbera record who's gonna stop me from adding it
      as a prime to Chris Caldwell's database? It would be
      the beginning of a new chain of primes.

      As I see it the first 19 R's of the certificate
      Giovanni and Marco have produced are all ECPP primes.
      The problem is that an ECPP prime can be added on it's
      own merit. A cunningham chain has it's own merits that
      are clearly defined. An ECPP prime doesn't have to.

      Bouk.