2^7911907+3

  • Norman Luhn
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2002
      Hello! I

      I have a candidate p. Can everyone find a small
      factor of 2^7911907+3 or make PRP test ?

      Norman

      Sie brauchen mehr Speicher für Ihre E-Mails? - http://premiummail.yahoo.de
    • Paul Jobling
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2002
        > From: Norman Luhn [mailto:nluhn@...]

        > I have a candidate p. Can everyone find a small
        > factor of 2^7911907+3 or make PRP test ?

        I can find no factor <500 million (test continuing, p increasing by 1/2
        million per second). I am very interested in how you found this candidate -
        can you give us the details?

        Regards,

        Paul.

      • Norman Luhn
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2002
          --- Paul Jobling <Paul.Jobling@...>
          schrieb: > > From: Norman Luhn [mailto:nluhn@...]

          > > I have a candidate p. Can everyone find a small
          > > factor of 2^7911907+3 or make PRP test ?
          >
          > I can find no factor <500 million (test continuing,
          > p increasing by 1/2
          > million per second). I am very interested in how you
          > found this candidate -
          > can you give us the details?
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Paul.

          Yes Paul, i can.

          It is just a conjecture!

          Well, i had say P=7,67 are primes of form 60k+7.

          2^7=30 mod 7^2
          2^(2^7)=16 mod 30, you see, a power of 2

          2^67=1342 mod 67^2
          2^(2^67)=256 mod 1342 you see ,256 is a power of 2

          And a look for a prime p=60k+7 and i found the next
          is 7911907.

          2^7911907=6508160636248 mod 7911907^2
          2^2^7911907=2^26 mod 6508160636248

          that is all.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2002
            Hi Norman,

            > It is just a conjecture!

            It has no prime factors<2 billion (unless I have done the coding wrong) - do
            you intend to spend the time PRPing it? I am not sure that there is any hope
            of proving primality, unfortunately, though.

            Regards,

            Paul.

          • wfgarnett3
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2002
              Hi,

              Running the "prp -m" command in the latest development version of
              OpenPFGW on around a PIII 933Mhz shows 5 days for 4194304 and 24 days
              for 8388608. Your number is in between there. Plus, if you have an
              Athlon or Pentium IV, it would be faster. I would say go ahead and
              run a PRP test through OpenPFGW, and let us know if it is indeed a
              probable prime. It would lend more credibility to your conjecture.
              I would try to get a special version of OpenPFGW that will save your
              progress every so often so you don't lose your work. Best wishes.

              william

              --- In primenumbers@y..., "Paul Jobling" <Paul.Jobling@W...> wrote:
              > Hi Norman,
              >
              > > It is just a conjecture!
              >
              > It has no prime factors<2 billion (unless I have done the coding
              wrong) - do
              > you intend to spend the time PRPing it? I am not sure that there is
              any hope
              > of proving primality, unfortunately, though.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Paul.

              > Virus checked by MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
            • wfgarnett3
              Message 6 of 6 , May 2, 2002
                Correction:
                It was a 733Mhz Pentium III and not a 933Mhz. So I say go ahead and
                run a PRP test through pfgw.exe; let us know if it is a probable
                prime or not.

                william