Exploring Abstract Algebra With Mathematica

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      Does anyone own

      Exploring Abstract Algebra With Mathematica
      by Allen C. Hibbard, Kenneth M. Levasseur

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0387986197/qid=1020281565/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/103-4919256-3587005

      and care to give it a review?

      The index, contents, and other pages are viewable (as images) on
      amazon, and it looks quite neat. However it also seems to start at
      the level of an intelligent 8 year old, so I'm in two minds. A review
      could help me decide. At $50 (+P&P) it's not cheap, certainly, which
      makes it an expensive gamble if it's pants.

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • Jon Perry
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2002
        If it's got pictures in, I'd buy it.